Thursday, February 26, 2009

Gaza

I am utterly DISGUSTED by the response of the Egyptian government to the tragedy in Gaza.  I can’t believe that we are only 7 hours away from the Rafah border but that humanitarian aid can’t be delivered! 

I understand people’s frustrations at the US foreign policy, I am one of those that is constantly disappointed by that, however, I am more outraged at the Arab government, that speak of “Arab unity and nationalism” but when they are asked to prove it, nothing happens.  They let their “brothers and sisters” on the other side die, and sit there to watch.  Where is the unity they speak of?

If people focused their energy on asking why their OWN governments aren’t doing anything, maybe something would happen.  Yes the US is to blame for a lot, but the US isn’t your country, look internally first, change within, and then look abroad.  The closet neighbors are the Arabs, and they are blocking the aid and allowing people to die. 

No comments: